I am a quilter:
- Sitting under a bright lamp, in a cosy, warm surrounding, I’m able to relax. inside a nice, dry house, preferably sitting near a warm fire!
- Touching fabric is a delight … impossible for her to go into a fabric shop and not touch the fabrics. Even those fabrics that did not interest her, she still had feel with her hand as she would pass by. For this quilter, it’s a totally involuntary reaction – see fabric, feel fabric.With a focus on texture and it’s terrific to witness the delight she receives in creating these wonderfully textured creations.
- Quilting is supposed to be a woman business, my vocational environment is dominated by men.
- A quilt is something you can touch, you can hold up in your hands and show it to people and state: “I made it!”
- I like to create things according to my own vision. (life is unpredictable and such a chaos sometimes.)
- … systematically map out the proceeding and necessary steps … I’m really out of my comfort zone when I should work without a concept.
- A wide range of possibilities, lots of pieces, that look intricately interwoven and inventing ways of putting these pieces together in a tactile way.
- the problem solver … identifying her love of problems solving helped her to recognize her innate strengths
- Quilting is an enticing activity. If you’ve made one quilt, you’re probably “hooked.” Where else can you improve your health, make something useful and meet lots of nice folks, all dedicated to the same yet diverse goal? Yes, quilting is here to stay! Hooray!