Yesterday I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by a wonderful blogger called Lyndsey who has a blog
called Sew Another Day at http://sewanotherday.wordpress.com/
Lyndsey, I hope you don’t mind. I was lazy and copied even the text from your blog.
I had never heard of her before, she just started blogging a few weeks ago.
And because of this I feel completely honoured that someone likes my blog and nominate me for an award. So thank you. Lyndsey!
1.Share 11 facts about yourself.
2.Answer the awarder’s 11 questions.
3.Ask 11 questions of your own.
4.Nominate 11 bloggers.
Facts about Elisabeth:
- I am a mother of two smart kids, grownups in the meanwhile.
- My favourite colour is purple, look at my quilts.
- I love my job. At the moment at least.
- My home is my castle. I like to be at home. I am a stay-at-home.
- Photography is another passion. My motto: “Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.”
- My iron is used only for quilt blocks, not for clothing.
- Swapps and challenges are not my cup of tea. I hate deadlines. My hobby is for having fun.
- I’m not much of a talker, I do not like phone calls. I was brought up with the message sticked to the phone: “Fasse dich kurz!” or “Make it short!”
- My school grade in English was blemished, insufficient, poor.
- uff, cann’t we skip one 😉 My hobby is quilting, I will never ever sell my works.
- Blogging is self-manifestation, isn’t it?
Your 11 questions, Lyndsey.
1. What do you look for in a blog, what interests you? Like one topic in particular per blog or do you like a blog with a range of things?
I enjoy reading about other people, there is no need of a topic. But I get bored if there is too much text, I prefer to see pictures. Btw: black background and white text is dreadful on a blog.
2. What inspired you to start a blog?
Acually it was couriosity. A friend of me, Steffi from Germany started blogging and I had to try it myself.
3. Do you have any pets?
Yepp, a cat. Starting with 2 litte kitties, two females, two sisters. Sorry to tell you, that one passed away last year. https://e1preininger.wordpress.com/2012/06/22/kitty/
4. What’s your favourite TV show and why?
Sorry, no tv in my appartment. When I was a kid, I saw “Das Haus am Eaton Place”. Same story as “Upstairs, Downstairs” . A few years ago I bought a video of it.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Anywhere in South Europe. I like a warm climate. But I enjoy living in Vienna.
6. Do you have a hobby, if so what is it and how long have you been doing it for?
My hobby is patchwork and quilting. I learned to sew at school and actually never stopped.
7. Favourite season and why?
Spring, summer in the city can get too hot. Spring is comfortable.
8. What is your greatest achievement?
Hard to say. Maybe the education of two children. I’m very proud of them!
9. Any new years resolutions?
None. We are supposed to improove, are we not? I want to get my king sized quilt top quilted, though.
10. Have you ever met anyone famous?
Whom would you call “famous”? Arnold Schwarzenegger? Queen Elizabeth? Kaffe Fassett? Sorry, I cannot remember anybody.
11. Will you repost this?
Not sure what you mean. I will continue the chain.
My 11 questions and the 11 blogs I will nominate: These sections are scheduled for next week. I think you were brave to read all this until now. So one picture for a finish: